Being a working mom is hard enough, but when you are also a busy woman working from home, things can become complicated. You might think that when you work from home it will be easier to organize all of your tasks for the day. Unfortunately, that is not always the case, especially when you have a million other things to do at home which distract you from your work. Make no mistake, having an office at home and not having to deal with traffic every day is great. However, you still need to learn how to handle the distractions at home.
Once you get the kids ready for school and you send your husband to work, it is time to focus on your work tasks for the day. It is important not to get distracted by the laundry that has to be done, by the cleaning that is waiting for you or by the mess in the kitchen. You have to remember that your only job for the next couple of hours is to finish any work projects. Cleaning and other household tasks can wait.
You must be organized to manage your stress and to complete all of your daily tasks. It is not enough just to forget about the distractions and to create a schedule with all of your tasks for the day. You have to be productive enough to complete everything on time. In order to boost your productivity, you can follow the tips below:
- Plan your days to the last minute – Planning is everything when you have limited time and many tasks to do. If you want to be able to handle all of your work for the day, make sure that you put aside enough time for each project. Working efficiently and successfully planning your tasks will help you achieve your daily goals.
- Work on your concentration – In order to give your best, you must work on your concentration. You might notice that your mind begins to wander at a certain point and you lose your concentration on the task at hand. Try to avoid situations which will break your concentration. Devote your full attention to each individual project, and try to eliminate external distractions that may interfere with your focus.
- Don’t get distracted – There is nothing worse than being distracted when you are about to come up with a new idea or finish an important project. Therefore, if you don’t need the phone, I advise you to turn it off. The same applies to all social media websites like Facebook, Twitter and others. Keep only the things that you need for your work.
- Learn to be flexible – Sometimes things might not go as planned. Try not to worry; panicking won’t help you. You have to learn to be flexible and accept that unexpected problems could appear at any time. The important thing is to remain calm so you are able to come up with a solution.
- Don’t stress out – Stress can be your worst enemy. You don’t have to jeopardize your health by feeling stressed or nervous all the time. Mistakes will happen, and sometimes there is nothing you can do. If you stay calm you will not only feel better, but you will also be able to come up with a solution faster.
This article was written by Kathleen Crane. Before working full-time from home, Kathleen Crane was a cleaner at HireHouseCleaner NW6 where she learned to plan her days and work on a strict schedule.
Photo Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo