So, you have managed to set up your dream business, and have established yourself as an expert in your field – but do your customers know that despite doing this, you are getting up at 6a.m. (if not earlier) dressing, feeding and preparing the children for school or childcare, taking the dog for a walk – so he doesn’t get bored while you work and chew your new leather armchair to pieces – emptying and reloading the dishwasher and washing machine, trying to remember to get supper out of the freezer and all this before 8a.m.?
Well, your customers certainly don’t need to know this, but how on earth do you appear calm and collected on your first appointment? Here are a few tips on how to manage that time.
1. When everyone is settled on a Sunday evening, make a list of what is to be done or achieved in the coming week, whether it is personal or professional. Then, break that list down day by day. Good planning and preparation will make life so much easier!
2. Plan family meals for the coming week on the weekend and do the grocery shop accordingly.
3. Do the laundry late afternoon, early evening and then have the next day clothes out ready for everyone for the following morning.
4. Schedule family time at the peak of the day 4-7pm. This will be the eating, chatting, catching up with everyone time.
5. Once everyone is in bed, have some quiet time and play catch up with some last minute things that might not have got done
6. Spend some time to yourself. It is hard when we are so busy to forget that us Moms need to have some downtime too. Either have a quiet hot bath, or read for an hour to wind down.
As for the dog and the potential boredom? Buy him a big marrowbone from the butcher’s shop – that will keep him happy!