Part of your job as a business owner and parent, is to motivate and inspire. Sometimes it’s for yourself, and at other times it’s as a boss, a mother, a mentor, or as a business resource for your clients. You always have the unique opportunity to make the people around you greater through your actions, words, and counsel. Educating yourself by reading books to develop that motivational side of you will help you to emotionally support yourself and the people in your life.
Here are 5 great books to get you started:
1. “Tuesdays With Morrie”, by Mitch Albom: It will teach you how to live your life fully.
2. “Oh, the Places You’ll Go”, by Dr. Seuss: Yup, I know it’s a children’s book, and it has a very clear message for children and adults alike. And let’s face it, Dr. Seuss is fun! And if you can’t have fun, what’s the point of doing it?
3. “Fish! A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results”, by Stephen C. Lundin, Harry Paul, John Christensen and Kevin Blanchford: It’s fun, and it’ll make you want to be “World Famous” too.
4. “Who Will Cry for You When You Die”, by Robin Sharma: This book gives some great pointers and ways to develop and centre yourself. A calmer and stronger you, will make a calmer and stronger leader for everyone around you.
5. “Start With WHY”, by Simon Sinek: It will challenge you to define your true purpose as a leader, a business owner, and in life.
What inspirational books would you add to this list? Share in the comments below!