Ok, you have asked people to sign up for your newsletter – now what?!? Sending newsletters are a great way to keep you connected to your customers and prospects and to drives sales. They are also an essential part of relationship building. Not only do newsletters engage your customers but they also provide regular business exposure that keeps you top-of-mind. But what do you include in a newsletter?
15 Noteworthy Newsletter Ideas
1. The latest news from your industry.
2. Tips and advice related to your area of expertise.
3. Answers to customer inquires.
4. Profiles of your customers and vendors.
5. Inside information on your newest products about to launch.
6. Provide an opinion on a current trend or hot topic that is related to your business.
7. Information on your upcoming events.
8. Your latest offer and upcoming specials.
9. Provide information about your suppliers and tell the reasons why you use them.
10. Give details about your latest contest or give-away.
11. Links to useful resources.
12. Product reviews.
13. Links back to your blog articles and videos.
14. Conduct a poll or survey for your market research.
15. Your contact information including social media links.
Also, take note of what others are doing. Think about what you like and what you do not like about the newsletters you subscribe to. These can offer a great source of fresh content ideas for your own newsletter.
However, and most importantly, do not just do the “hard-sell” with every newsletter. What is key is that your newsletters should have VALUE for your subscribers otherwise you are begging for people to hit the unsubscribe button.
Finally, newsletters do not have to be frequent. In fact one to two times a month is more than sufficient.
What do you like to include in your newsletters? Share with us in the comments below!
Photo credit: Creative Commons