What is it about a move that makes it so stressful?
– Is it the thought of having to pack up all your items and belongings?
– Is it the fact that you know you should get rid of things but don’t know where to start?
– Is it knowing that things won’t be the same in your new place compared to the place you are currently in?
My goodness, the list could go on and on. When helping individuals, families, and businesses organize their move; here are some common fears that I hear:
– Last time I moved it took forever to pack.
– I’ve heard horror stories about movers.
– There’s so much that needs to get done I just don’t know how to do it all.
Although no two moves are the same, here is a typically timeline for how we set up a move:
1. If you hire Professional Packers, for the average size home, packing can be done in one day. Yes – ONE DAY. Not a week, not a month, but one day.
2. If you hire Professional Movers, a move from point A to point B in a city, it should take one day.
3. If you hire Professional Un-packers, the unpacking and settling in will take 1-2 days depending on the timelines set.
Of course, I would strongly suggest you hire my company who has Professional Organizers who don’t just pack and put stuff wherever, we pack and unpack always thinking strategically where things should go. There is always a method to our madness.
Overall, to move an entire home, it could take anywhere from 3-5 days from start to finish. Yes – it’s that easy!
I am fortunate that I love working with the logistics of planning a move. I love creating schedules, love planning the timeline and working out all the logistics (it’s kind-of like a puzzle in a way), and love meeting so many great people (whether it’s service providers or my clients). I know I am one of a few that can truly say, “You’re moving. HOW EXCITING!” and really mean it.