Online course creation has enjoyed a long moment in the sun. This is because it is a way to efficiently and effectively scale your business, reach more consumers with your message and provide a service at a price point attractive to many. It can also be a good lead strategy for one-on-one or service clients, who come for information but want a little bit more of you.
Have you thought about creating an online course to help you scale your business and better deliver your message? We teamed up with course provider Thinkific, an excellent Canadian start-up, to provide you with some answers to your course creation questions. The following responses were provided during a recent Twitter Chat. Thinkific makes it easy to teach online.
What are the benefits of creating an online course?
- It’s a great way to scale your #business and maximize profits!
- Also, it’s perfect for leveraging your expertise!
- Online teaching can improve your business and personal.
- It’s economical – you don’t have to break the bank to get everything you need.
- It doesn’t take a lot of equipment or software to create high quality #onlinecourse.
- You can get started right away!
- And it’s low-tech!
- Thinkific doesn’t require any coding. You just fill in the blanks with your info.
This is how you can take your business to the next level, earn more $$ and leverage your expertise.
Why should you consider creating an online course?
- Well, it is a 100 billon dollar industry!
- It’s a smart opportunity to reach more consumers with your expertise and message.
- It takes far less time and energy strain than the traditional 1-to-1 model
- You can evolve your course creation over time incorporating it into your business model
Simply put… “The best way to convince someone you can help them is to actually help them.” – Frank Kern
What are some tips for creating an online course?
- Craft your ideal student avatar – you need to know who you are selling too!
- Identify your unique selling proposition. Decide how you will differentiate your course
- Check out competitors! What value can you add to your course that is not included in theirs?
- Survey your audience…ask what are they interested in learning about.
- Questions & complaints reveal the problems your target market needs help to solve.
- Create a course based on what your audience wants … not on what you want to create!
- Give your online course a compelling title based on keyword research.
- Ask what search terms (keywords) are you going to use to find the info you are looking for?
- Remember, keep it short and offer encouragement!
- Learners have a better experience consuming short lessons.
- They are less likely to become bored & leave the course all together.
- Remember, it’s more important to create your online course than wait until you have the best equipment.
- Once your course is done, you can always go back & re-record your lessons, add new ones, or create a new one.
- Check out these 6 tips to higher completion & engagement for your online courses.
How do I market my online course?
- You need to spread the word! The “build it and they will come” approach doesn’t work.
- You have to hustle to get the word out and get some sales for your course.
- Promote your course on your blog.
- Publish a promo video on #YouTube to help market your online course.
- Grab your video planning worksheet here from Thinkific.
- Add testimonials from your students to your online course sales page.
- Include a link to your #onlinecourse in your email signature to help boost sales.
- Optimize your social media profiles to include your online course info.
- Speaking & networking at local events can help increase your online course sales.
- Leverage off of earned media opportunities such as creating a press release.
- Email your list of subscribers with a link to your blog post about your course.
- Team up with promotional partners.
- Great tips here! 55 Proven Marketing Strategies to Increase Your Online Course Sales.
- Also here! 12 ways to promote your online course that your audience will love.
How do I create a sales funnel for my course?
- Getting the word out about your course is great but you also need a sales funnel.
- There’re many different sales funnels – pick the one that works best for you.
- Benefit after creating your sales funnel…it can run on auto-pilot afterwards!
- Check out How to Create a Sales Funnel to Sell Your Online Course.
- You also want to make sure that new people are entering your funnel on a regular basis.
- Sales funnel: 1) attract leads 2) shows what you’re capable of 3) gives your audience an offer they can’t refuse!
- Don’t expect your first sales funnel to be perfect.
- You may need to test different approaches, making adjustments where need be.
How can Thinkific help you create your online course?
- Thinkific makes it easy!
- Their platform has intuitive design and powerful features.
- Remember it’s low-tech! There is no coding involved.
- It is easy to add themes to your course page with just a click.
- Check out their features create and launch your own online course!
- No design or technical experience necessary.
- Retain ownership of your content!
Start selling immediately. Learn more: https://www.thinkific.com/