Staying at home gives you a lot of time to come up with business ideas that will suit your lifestyle as a mom. Determine the things you love doing and build your ideas around it. Here are some home based businesses you can explore depending on your passion and interests.
1. Writing or blogging. The demand for web content writers is constant. With users relying more and more on search engines for all sorts of information, the demand for content providers will remain strong. If you love to write then home-based blogging or content writing will suit you perfectly!
2. Childcare business. If you organize play dates for your kids then why not make it into a business? Provide childcare or babysitting services in your own house! Parents are also more at ease leaving their kids with stay-at-home moms as it gives them an environment that is similar to their own home.
3. Travel agency. Do you like organizing family vacations or looking for the best deals in hotels and travel packages? Then starting a home-based travel agency will allow you to do that while earning money! Start by creating a website for the travel services you provide and market it online, too.
4. Scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is a wonderful way to preserve photographs. If you do scrapbooks for your family photos, why not do it for other people and earn extra cash? You can also sell scrapbook materials or ready-made scrapbook pages to other scrapbookers.
5. Photography. Do you have a knack for capturing beautiful moments? Why not explore the photography business? You can start by building your portfolio and creating a Facebook page where your friends and their network can see your stunning photographs.
6. Baked goods. If you’re a baker extraordinaire then the huge sweet tooth market is waiting for you! Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, and other sweet treats are perennial salable products. Start by sampling your products to family and friends and tell them you’re accepting orders!
7. Web designer. New sites are added to the web every day. Thus, the need for web designers is consistent. Use your artistic skills to create engaging and attractive websites. You will never run out of clients in this industry.
8. Training or Life Coach. Are you a good listener and counselor? Do you like helping other people become better individuals? Then offering training or life coaching services will maximize your skills in this area. You can do either online coaching or live training that’s flexible depending on your schedule.
9. Crafting. Do you like giving away handmade gifts, cards, and crafts? Turn that creative passion into a crafting business! The market for handmade products is huge because of the personal touch added to it. Determine the products you love doing and begin selling that in small quantities before mass producing.
10. Bookkeeping. A lot of people need help with their books. If you’re an accountant then your skills are badly needed by freelancers and businessmen who need someone who will do the numbers for them. Best of all, you can do it at home!
11. Event planning. Most people don’t have the time to organize their own parties and events. If you love entertaining guests then this business should be a piece of cake for you. Being an event planner allows you to coordinate from home, giving you flexibility with your time.
12. Tutoring. Tutoring is one of the most lucrative home-based businesses online. Students are in need of tutors for subjects like math, chemistry, and other sciences. International students, in particular, are looking for ESL (English as Second Language) tutors.
13. Transcribing. Audio transcribing is a no-brainer home-based work that compensates well. All you need are earphones, a computer/laptop, and mad typing skills and you’re good to go! Sites like Civimom offer transcribing jobs for stay-at-home moms.
14. Pet walking or pet care business. Pet lovers with busy schedules need someone to walk their furry friends or leave them to someone so they can be fed and cared for. If you’re an animal lover then this business will be fun and financially rewarding for you!
15. Book reviewing. Nothing beats getting paid for reading books if you’re a book lover. There are sites such as Reader’s Favorite that pay you for reviewing books so you can read to your heart’s content!
What are you waiting for? Start your home based business now and achieve work and life balance without having to leave your home!